NHCS Social Life
Social interaction among students offers a firm foundation of support during these critical years of development. NHCS provides students with the opportunities to explore individual interests through a wide variety of activities.
NHCS offers students the opportunity to participate in clubs, sports, drama, school publications, yearbook planning, and community work in an effort to stimulate personal and social development. After school care is offered from 6:30 AM until 6:00 PM every school day. Private music lessons are available after school as well.
Extended Care Program
As a convenience to our school families, NHCS offers an extended care program each day school is in session. In addition, day camp is offered during interim breaks. Click here to view a school calendar.
The extended care program is available to NHCS students before school from 6:30-8 AM and up to three hours after school from 3-6 PM. A school contract is required for eligibility in this program.
Morning Care (6:30 - 8:00 AM)
- Any elementary student dropped off before 8 AM will be place in the AM extended care program.
- Students are welcome to bring a â€śbagged breakfastâ€?to morning care.
- Students will be dismissed to classes at 8 AM.
- Students will be held in the cafeteria of the main building and allowed to sit at the tables during AM care.
- Students are welcome to eat, read, study, color, or other â€śsittingâ€?activity while in AM care.
After-School Care (3:00 - 6:00 PM)
- Any elementary student not picked up by 3 PM will be automatically placed in the extended care program.
- Students are encouraged to pack a snack for PM care.
- The PM care program is based out of the Primary Center. The NHCS flag system conveniently allows parents to know where to pick up their children.
- Students are allowed to play with toys and games. Books and puzzles are also available. When the weather is favorable, students are allowed in the outdoor park adjacent to the extended care rooms.